Ⓥ vegan blogger, creative, content creator
3 Tbsp vegan butter
2 small yellow onions (or 1 large), thinly sliced
1 clove garlic
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp red wine
1 package silken tofu
Salt & pepper
1-2 bags of Ka-Pop! Olive Oil & Sea Salt Popped Chips
1. Melt the vegan butter in a large skillet. Add the onions, garlic, Italian seasoning, nutmeg, and salt. Reduce to medium low heat.
2. Slowly caramelize the onions by letting them cook untouched for 2-3 minutes, then stir occasionally. If the pan gets too dry, add a little water. Do not let the onions burn.
3. When the onions are a rich golden brown color (about 30 minutes), add the red wine and cook for a few more minutes until the wine is fully absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
4. Add silken tofu to a food processor. (You can also use an electric mixer.) Add half of the cooled onions and purée until smooth. Stir in the rest of the onions. Season to taste.
5. Serve with Ka-Pop! Olive Oil & Sea Salt Popped Chips. Enjoy!
Comments will be approved before showing up.