Vegan Churro Ice Cream Sandwiches
This delicious treat is three amazing desserts all wrapped up into one: cookies, ice cream, and churros. And best of all, it’s completely vegan and features Ka-Pop! Cinnamon Churro Puffs! Here’s everything you need to know to make these cinnamon delights:
For the Cookies:
- 1/2 Cup of Vegan Butter
- 2/3 Cup of White Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 1/2 Cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/4 Tsp of Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp of Salt
- 1 Tbsp of Non-Dairy Milk
For Rolling the Cookie Dough:
- 3 Tbsp White Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
To assemble the Sandwiches:
- 1 Pint of Oatly Vanilla Frozen Dessert
- Crushed Ka-Pop! Cinnamon Churro Puffs
To Make the Cookies:
- To an electric mixer, add in the butter and sugar and cream them together. Then mix in the vanilla and apple cider vinegar.
- Remove the bowl from the electric mixer. Add in the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt and mix by hand until it forms a crumbly dough.
- Add in the non-dairy milk such that it forms a proper cookie dough.
- Preheat the oven to 375 Degrees F
- Mix together the cinnamon and sugar set aside for rolling. Roll the cookie dough into balls, roll them in the cinnamon sugar mixture, and place them onto a parchment-lined baking tray. For even more flavor, sprinkle the excess cinnamon sugar atop the cookie dough balls before you place them in the oven.
- Bake the cookies for approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let the cookies firm up and cool down directly on the tray.
To assemble the sandwiches:
- Take the pint of ice cream out of the freezer and let it warm up on the counter until it gets slightly less firm.
- Take the crushed Ka-Pop! Cinnamon Churro Puffs and place them on a large plate.
- Place the pint on its side and use a large knife to cut the pint into approximately four circular “slices” of ice cream.
- Remove the circle of packaging around a “slice” of ice cream and place between two of the cookies prepared earlier.
- Take the assembled sandwich and roll the side (the one with the exposed ice cream) along the plate of crushed Ka-Pop! Cinnamon Churro Puffs such that the entire circumference of the sandwich is coated.
- Repeat step 5 with the remaining ice cream “slices.”
- Enjoy your sandwiches!
Leave a comment